Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcake

I had Valentine's Day on my mind when I came up with my new cupcake.  I always make chocolate covered strawberries for the holiday, so I thought, why not make a cupcake around that?  I made my normal chocolate cupcake, but I realized too late that I didn't have any sour cream (it's the secret to the moistness of my cake).  Then I realized I could use buttermilk instead.  Guess what?  No buttermilk!  This was not a problem as I happen to have whole milk and vinegar on hand.  The two can be combined to make buttermilk.  That problem was solved, but now I needed to figure out how much buttermilk to add to my batter.  I decided on 1/2 a cup and crossed my fingers.  That seemed to be the perfect amount.  I think I like this cake better than the sour cream version.  I love it when that happens!  Next, I pureed and cooked the strawberries.  I used some of the puree for the frosting and the rest for the cupcakes.  I dipped the tops of the cakes into the puree.  Then I frosted them with strawberry whipped cream cheese frosting.  I topped each cake with a chocolate dipped strawberry and drizzled them with chocolate.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment